Join us for worship, the heart of our life together at Faith Mennonite Church.
Our worship is characterized by:
- Four-part singing, sometimes a capella, sometimes accompanied by a variety of acoustic instruments, piano or organ. We are blessed with many gifted musicians and folks who love to sing.
- A time for children. We have a large group of young children and welcome them in our worship. (We also provide nursery care for children up to age 5.)
- Preaching that helps connect the stories of our lives with the story of God’s work in the world.
- A sharing and prayer time that welcomes thanksgivings and petitions from the community.
- Our worship is followed by fellowship time when we greet one another and welcome visitors into our community. We also have classes and discussion groups for adults during our Christian education hour, following worship, to which visitors are welcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT TIME IS YOUR SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE?
We begin worship at 9:30 a.m., each Sunday. The service ususally ends at 10:40 a.m., followed by a fellowship time with free coffee and tea. Christian Education for all ages begins at 11 a.m.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Whatever you feel comfortable in! You’ll see jeans and suits and everything inbetween at our church. We’re just glad to have you with us.
AM I GOING TO HAVE TO INTRODUCE MYSELF?
Only if you want to! We’d love to get to know you, and we’ll have a time in the service when guests can introduce yourself, but there’s no pressure if you’d rather not.
HOW DO I GET TO YOUR CHURCH?
By car: There is ample street parking for cars.
By public transit: Metro bus routes 2, 7, 9, and 67 all stop near our church. The Blue Line’s Franklin Ave. stop is less than one mile away.
By bike: We offer several secure bike racks by our east side door.
By foot: You’ll also find many of our close neighbors walking to church on a nice day!
IS YOUR CHURCH BUILDING HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE?
Yes, the main part of the building, including the sanctuary, fellowship hall, and bathrooms, is wheelchair accessible. The addition to the building with the chilren’s classrooms is not wheelchair accessible. To access our sanctuary via the elevator, enter by the west side door, which is in the patio, just past the white peace pole.
Are my young children welcome?
Yes! Jesus welcomed the children, and so do we! There are already children of all ages in our church family, so your kids are sure to find friends. We know children tend to wiggle and make noise, so please don’t feel embarrassed.
We always have a special time just for children during the service. We also provide nursery care for children up to age 5. Sunday school classes for all ages are offered September to May at 11 a.m.
Are LGBTQIA+ people welcome here?
Yes, absolutely! We have many LGBTQIA+ members and all kinds of families at Faith Mennonite Church. We have welcomed LGBTQIA+ folks into membership and leadership since 1996. When we say all are welcome, we mean it!